Permanent Labor Certification (PERM)

Permanent Labor Certifica…

For many foreign nationals currently working in the U.S., the terms “labor certification” or “PERM” are commonly understood as just one important element in an arduous path to permanent residence. We assist employers in all types of industries with obtaining the permanent labor certification (PERM) for their foreign national employees whether the employee is currently working in the U.S. with employment authorization or is currently located overseas and will be entering the U.S as a permanent resident.

A labor certification (PERM) is issued by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Labor but only after being satisfied that there are no qualified U.S. workers willing and able to fill the position along with several other attestations by the U.S. employer.

A labor certification is required for EB-2 (except national interest waiver) and EB-3 employment-based preference categories.

Do You Need an Immigration Attorney for Permanent Labor Certification (PERM)?

The PERM process is detailed, especially nitpicky, and riddled with potential pitfalls. Attention to detail is crucial to ensure employers to do not run afoul of the rules. Failure to properly advise clients or allowing a mistake in any stage of the process from preparing a prevailing wage determination request to advertising to candidate interviewing to filing a PERM, can have devastating results in time, money, and the immigration status of an employee.

Speak with an Immigration Attorney

Sunil C. Patel Immigration Law understands the complexity of the labor certification process and are here to help. We are committed to honest, cost-effective immigration advice and services in every case. Contact us for more information about how we can assist you.