J-1 Exchange Visitors

J-1 nonimmigrant status is appropriate for a foreign national who is approved to work and study in an exchange visitor program.

The Transfer of American Culture

The J-1 program exists to assist the transfer of American culture, the English language, and other skills to advance the careers of people from other nations.

There are broad categories for permissible J-1 activities

  • Professors
  • Research scholars
  • Short-term scholars
  • Trainees
  • Interns
  • College and University Students
  • Teachers
  • Secondary School Students
  • Specialists
  • Physicians
  • Camp counselors
  • Au pairs
  • Government visitors
  • Summer work travelers

Speak with an Immigration Attorney

Sunil C. Patel Immigration Law is experienced with helping clients obtain J-1 nonimmigrant status including J-1 waivers. We are committed to honest, cost-effective immigration advice and services in every case. Contact us for more information about how we can assist you.