Employment Based Immigration

H-1B Visa – Temporary Worker

The H-1B program was designed to provide U.S. companies with the ability to fill available positions in their companies with foreign workers, on a temporary basis. The H-1B program is not open to just any position. It requires that the available posi… Read More

EB-1 Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors & Researchers or Multinational Manager/Executive

We help foreign nationals and their employers pursue immigration benefits under the EB-1 category. EB-1 is the employment-based immigration first preference visa category and it is open to the following three occupational categories without a Permane… Read More

Permanent Labor Certification (PERM)

For many foreign nationals currently working in the U.S., the terms “labor certification” or “PERM” are commonly understood as just one important element in an arduous path to permanent residence. We assist employers in all types of industrie… Read More

EB-2 Advanced Degree, Exceptional Ability or National Interest Waiver

EB-2 is an employment-based immigration category available to foreign nationals who meet certain criteria. EB-2 is Available to Three Groups of Individuals Someone holding an advanced degree; Someone with an exceptional ability in the sciences, arts… Read More

EB-3 Skilled Workers, Professionals or Unskilled Workers

Employment-based immigration’s third preference (EB-3) is reserved for three occupational categories: 1) Skilled Workers Skilled workers are persons with at least two years of job experience or training. 2) Professionals Professionals are persons w… Read More

EB-4 Certain Special Immigrants

EB-4 is the fourth preference for employment-based immigration to the U.S and is reserved for certain special immigrant occupations, including but not limited to religious workers and foreign nationals who have provided translation services in times… Read More

EB-5 Immigrant Investors

The EB-5 immigrant investor program allows a foreign national, including their spouse and unmarried children, to obtain permanent residence in exchange for a capital investment of either $500,000 or $1,000,000 depending upon where in the U.S. the inv… Read More

I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

An I-140 is the petition for an immigrant worker. The filing of this petition is required to first determine the eligibility for classifying a foreign national as someone who may apply for an employment-based immigrant visa at a consulate overseas or… Read More

L-1 Intracompany Transferee

The L-1 classification is a nonimmigrant status. It allows for the intracompany transfer of a foreign employee from a foreign entity to their U.S. company. The U.S. company might be the parent, affiliate, subsidiary or branch of the foreign entity. T… Read More

TN NAFTA Professionals

The TN category is governed by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The NAFTA treaty benefits Canadian and Mexican citizens in a non-immigrant context. It allows some qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to enter the U.S temporarily to… Read More

E-1 Treaty Traders & E-2 Treaty Investors

The United States maintains treaties with certain countries for commerce and navigation. An E-1 or E-2 are nonimmigrant classifications for a foreign national of a country with which the U.S. maintains such a treaty. What is an E-1? An E-1 is for tre… Read More

O-1 Individual with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

An O-1 is a nonimmigrant status to work temporarily in the United States. A foreign national may apply for an O-1 visa at a U.S. consulate abroad or may change their status to O-1. Who is an O-1 for? An O-1 is for foreign nationals who can demonstrat… Read More

P-1A Internationally Recognized Athlete

A P-1A is a nonimmigrant classification for certain athletes. A foreign national athlete coming to the U.S. to compete/perform individually or as part of a team may obtain an P-1A if they are competing at an internationally recognized level of perfor… Read More

P-1B Member of an Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group

A P-1B is a nonimmigrant classification for a member of an entertainment group that has been recognized internationally as outstanding in their discipline for a sustained and substantial period of time. The reputation of the group as a whole matters… Read More

P-2 Performer or Group Under Reciprocal Exchange Program

A P-2 nonimmigrant status is for foreign nationals who are coming to the United States to perform as an artist or entertainer. The foreign national may be coming to the U.S alone or as part of a group and will perform under a government recognized re… Read More

P-3 Artist or Entertainer (Culturally Unique Program)

The P-3 nonimmigrant status is reserved for a foreign national coming to the United States to perform, interpret, teach, develop or coach as artists or entertainers on a temporary basis ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic perform… Read More

Q Cultural Exchange

The Q-1 nonimmigrant status is for foreign nationals seeking to participate in an international cultural exchange program for practical training and employment to share the history, culture and traditions of their home country with the United States.… Read More

R-1 Religious Workers

An R-1 nonimmigrant status is for foreign nationals coming to work as ministers or in other religious occupations or vocations for certain U.S. non-profits or religious organizations. An R-1 may work no less than 20 hours per week. Religious Workers… Read More

B Visitor

The B visitor nonimmigrant category splits into two branches: A B-1 for temporary business visitors, and a B-2 for temporary visitors for tourism. A B-1/B-2 may be obtained through a change of status while present in the United States, or by applying… Read More

Visa Waiver Program (VWP)

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows many nationals of certain countries to bypass a formal B-1/B-2 visa application at a U.S. consulate abroad and instead apply for travel authorization to the U.S. online from the comfort of their own home. Electron… Read More

F-1 Academic Students & Optional Practical Training (OPT)

The principal means of attending school in the United States by a foreign national is through F-1 nonimmigrant student status. However, for foreign nationals seeking to study at a nonacademic institution other than a language program, the M category… Read More

J-1 Exchange Visitors

J-1 nonimmigrant status is appropriate for a foreign national who is approved to work and study in an exchange visitor program. The Transfer of American Culture The J-1 program exists to assist the transfer of American culture, the English language,… Read More